Shared Assets is a self managing and mutually supportive organisation. We actively look to distribute power throughout the organisation as much as possible. The role of a Shared Assets non-executive director is very much one of support and challenge and not of command-and-control. We value our non-executive board members as they provide valuable insight, strategic direction, and help keep the organisation honest, focussed and sustainable. The executive team provides the leadership, develops the strategy, and delivers the work.
Take a look at this blog which explains why we are looking for new board members with experience of marginalisation from the current land system.
While unpaid, this is a great opportunity to:
- Gain non-executive and governance level experience
- Experiment with “self managing” governance
- Get a close up view into the running of a small social enterprise
- Opportunities for strategic engagement with land issues and how we best tackle them
- Engage with a growing, ambitious and innovative organisation
We are looking for people who, in particular:
Have experience of being marginalised by the dominant land system in some way, and are interested in using that experience to create systemic change. Are interested in and passionate about our mission to reimagine what we can do with land, together.
Have some experience and insight to share that will help our business model. Are interested in organisational development.